Chedworth Roman Villa was rediscovered by the Victorians over 150 years ago. Leading the way in archaeology and conservation, Chedworth provides a unique insight into life during the Roman period in Britain.
A modern conservation building provides exceptional access to the extensive mosaic floors, hypocaust systems and bath house rooms. A small museum houses a range of finds and artefacts from the villa.
As well as all this, the tranquil setting, idyllic views, and rich wildlife haven gives plenty of opportunities for picnics, relaxation, and reflection.
Maybe treat yourself to something delicious in our small café, serving sandwiches, cakes, snacks, hot and cold drinks, and ice-cream. Or you can visit our shop which offers Roman-themed souvenirs, books, and games, as well as seasonal plants and gifts.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£12.00 per ticket|
|Child||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family||£30.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cater for vegetarians and vegans. Children's menu.
- Picnic Site
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted - These must be prebooked.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Must be pre-booked. Minimum 10, maximum 50
|2023 Opening (6 Feb 2023 - 26 Nov 2023)|
* Open daily 10am - 5pm (4pm in March and November)
Road DirectionsFrom M4: Exit junction 15 Swindon for the A419 to Cirencester. Exit at Cirencester and follow A429 for Stow in the Wold. Follow brown signs to villa on A429.
From M5: Exit at junction 11a Gloucester. Follow A417 Cirencester. Exit at Cirencester and follow A429 for Stow in the Wold. Follow brown signs to villa on A429.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest stations are Kemble or Cheltenham. No bus service runs to the villa.