The Wilson - Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
Tel: 01242 387491
The Wilson Art Gallery and Museum in Cheltenham reopens on Saturday 23 July 2022 after a dynamic £500,000 re-design, with a weekend schedule of events and activities for the local community and visitors to Cheltenham to enjoy. See full details here - The Wilson Art Gallery and Museum re-opening weekend.
Brought to you by The Cheltenham Trust in Partnership with Cheltenham Borough Council, this award-winning gallery and museum offers a diverse range of displays, exhibitions, and events.
From permanent museum collections including fine art, archaeology, local history and the outstanding Arts and Crafts Movement collection, to temporary displays, touring art exhibitions and a full events programme for children and adults alike, check cheltenhammuseum.org.uk to make sure you don’t miss anything!
Friends of The Wilson play a crucial role in supporting Cheltenham's award-winning Art Gallery and Museum. They enjoy a close involvement with The Wilson and make a real difference to what it can achieve.
- World famous Arts and Crafts Movement collection inspired by William Morris.
- The story of Edward Wilson, a son of Cheltenham, and his explorations with Scott of the Antarctic.
- Collection of important Dutch 17th and 19thC paintings, rare Oriental porcelain and English ceramics.
- The social history of Cheltenham, Britain's most complete Regency town and archaeological treasures of the Cotswolds.
- Special exhibitions throughout the year.
Following a major rebuild costing in the region of £6 milllion 'The Wilson' has four new floors house extensive galleries for temporary exhibitions – for international / national touring shows, special highlights from our collections and fun shows for families – space to discover local heroes and archive collections, including the great Edward Wilson (one of Scott's key men on his 1912 expedition to Antarctica), and a new gallery space in which the internationally renowned Arts & Crafts collection will be shown.
Tours of The Wilson
For a personal insight into The Wilson or for a comprehensive guide of the renowned Arts & Crafts collections, please enquire about our range of tours. Arranged in advance, we are able to cater for intimate tours or larger groups. Tour prices start at just £4 per person (minimum group size 10 people). The tours are led by our friendly and knowledgeable guides, and last approximately one hour. By special arrangement we are able to offer tours led by our expert curators at a cost of £150 per group (maximum twenty people).
Hire Event Spaces
As well as a dedicated corporate meeting room, The Wilson has four floors housing extensive galleries for temporary exhibitions, including international/national touring shows, special highlights from The Wilson's collections, spaces to discover local heroes and archive collections, including the great Edward Wilson, and the internationally renowned Arts & Crafts collection, all of which are available to hire as a truly unique setting for your event. Room prices start from just £100.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop system in meeting room for talks lectures, etc.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Handling tables
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - See website for cafe opening times.
- Conference facilities - Meeting room capacity - 35.
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 01:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Advance booking required.
- Groups Accepted
|The Wilson - Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||10:00||- 18:00|