The impressive Bacon Theatre completed in 1991 and built to a very high standard, boasts excellent sightlines and state-of-the-art facilities.
The theatre owes its name to Mr Christopher Bacon, headmaster of Dean Close School from 1979-1998, who fundraised tirelessly to build his dream.
Today the 566-seat theatre plays host to the best in professional touring theatre, live music, dance, film and celebrity speakers as well as an extensive range of productions by local talented youth and community groups and charities. From classical ballet, physical theatre, to fantastic live music; the team at the Bacon Theatre are always on the lookout for the next great company to showcase.
Nearby there is also a beautiful Greek style, Tuckwell Amphitheatre, nestled in a secluded corner of the school. Each year the Amphitheatre is host to a lively Open-air Theatre Festival which begins at the end of July and runs for 2 weeks. It really is an enchanting place to be entertained with friends and family on a balmy summer’s evening.
The team are passionate about theatre and committed to providing audiences with a rich and varied programme of inspiring and affordable live events. So if you know of an event or a company that would excite you on the main stage, or in the Tuckwell Amphitheatre, they would love to hear from you.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Bar - Fully licensed bar plus coffee and snack bar
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Event Venue
- Indoor Attraction - Set in the beautifully landscaped grounds of Dean Close School
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
- Groups Accepted
|Theatre (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||Open|
* Please note: The Box Office is open 1 hour prior to the start time of all performances.
The Bacon Theatre is accessed via the Hatherley Road to Dean Close School. Follow the brown tourism signs from either end on the Hatherley Road. For SAT NAV purposes enter GL51 6EP.