With an amazing array of wildlife - from all six species of flamingo to harvest mice, common cranes to dragonflies, WWT Slimbridge is a wetland paradise. This beautiful and internationally renowned reserve is unique to the South West and has something to offer visitors during every season from seasonal spring events to breath-taking wild swan feeds during the winter.
A few of Slimbridge's highlights:
Be sure to visit the grain desk at admissions so you can get up close and personal by hand-feeding the friendly geese, ducks and swans around Swan Lake. Plus don't forget to download the family-friendly Slimbridge app on arrival, Wetland Heroes, so you can experience the full extent of the wetlands, before you set off on your adventure.
Meet the nene – the world’s rarest goose and learn how WWT founder, Sir Peter Scott brought this species back from the brink of extinction.
Living Wetland Theatre & Waterscapes Aviary:
Experience the 360 seat open air Living Wetland Theatre where you can watch birds flying overhead and discover how each bird is adapted to the wetlands they live in.
Scott House Museum:
Step back in the time in the former home of WWT founder, Sir Peter Scott. Book onto a daily tour.
During the summer months (open April – October) explore the natural wildlife and landscapes of the Severn Estuary.
During the summer months explore Slimbridge's wild reserve on a unique and accessible Wild Safari.
Back from the Brink:
Meet the cheeky otter as well as a water vole and tiny harvest mice. Don’t miss the daily otter talks!
During the warmer months, take to the water on the Canoe Safari trail to explore deep into the reserve. Lose yourself in the watery passages as you get the chance to see beautiful wild flowers and many interesting species of bird.
Meet the awesome amphibians that live at Toad hall. Learn more about toads, frogs and newts at daily talks.
Wild Bird Feeds:
From November to February see the magnificent wild Bewick’s swans at daily 4pm commentated feeds from the Peng Observatory. These amazing birds travel from arctic Russia to Slimbridge every winter and can all be recognised from their individual bill patterns.
There are also a huge selection of hides including the accessible Estuary Tower, complete with lift. Experience breath-taking views of the Severn estuary from the roof terrace.
Welly Boot Land:
Let the children loose to splash around in the popular outdoor playground Welly Boot Land. Build dams and spin on a magic roundabout to change the water flow and alter the flow of water.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|65+, disabled, full-time student, unemployed, no gift aid||£12.72 per ticket|
|65+, disabled, full-time student, unemployed, with gift aid||£14.00 per ticket|
|Adult with Gift Aid||£16.50 per ticket|
|Adult without Gift Aid||£15.00 per ticket|
|Carers Assisting Disabled Visitors||Free|
|Child (4-16 years) with gift aid||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child (4-16 years) without gift aid||£8.63 per ticket|
|Children (under 4 years)||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loops available in cinema and at admissions
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Give prior arrangement
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Restaurant with 140 seats indoors and 70 seats outdoors, picnic area, private rooms available to hire.
- Picnic Site
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Interactive displays closed
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In countryside
- Max group size - 9999
- Min group size - 10
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
|Open New Year|
|Opening - Low Season (1 Nov 2022 - 31 Mar 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:00*|
|Opening - High Season (1 Apr 2023 - 31 Oct 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 17:30*|
* November to March last admission 4pm. April to October last admission 4.30pm. Christmas Eve 9.30am - 3pm (last admission 2.30pm). Closed Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
Nearest major road is M5. Follow signs onto A38 and then through to Slimbridge Village. Look out for WWT Slimbridge signs.