COVID UPDATE - Tickets must be purchased in advance and a face covering or mask worn when inside any building.
Award winning gardens and medieval ruins surround Sudeley Castle, which sits nestled in the Cotswold Hills on the edge of the historic town of Winchcombe.
The extensive gardens have been lovingly restored and designed to reflect the Castle’s fascinating past and enhance the historic moments and romantic stories held by the building’s old stones. The gardens are ever evolving showcase with tulips prevailing in Spring and roses reigning supreme all summer long, before the tender plants of autumn come into their own.
Sudeley has played an important role in the turbulent and changing times of England's past, with Royal connections stretching back 1,000 years.It was famously the former home of Katherine Parr, the last wife of Henry VIII and she is buried in St Mary’s Chapel within the grounds.
Access to the exhibitions and the family’s private apartments available daily from Spring to the end of October. The children’s play area boasts a giant wooden play fort and family picnic area, there are two restaurants, a shop, & a rare-breeds pheasantry.
A visit to the Cotswolds is not complete without seeing one of the finest Castles and gardens in the country.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£17.75 per ticket|
|Children 3-15 years (under 3s free)||£8.75 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 adults and 2 children)||£48.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Plant Sales
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licenced restaurant, 80 maximum capacity, open 1030-1700, additional seating on the terrace weather permitting.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Advance booking essential
- Contactless payment only
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- One way system
- Online booking only
- Open now
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 02:30
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Max group size - 100
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 20
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Japanese printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups - Of the interior of the castle only
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals - Of the interior of the castle only
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 15
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
|2021 (12 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00*|
* Last admission one hour before closing.
Free car parking. Nearest major road is M5. Follow the signs for Winchcombe (approx 12 miles east of M5) and Sudeley Castle will be indicated.